Thursday, June 11, 2009

Roadkil.Net

About Roadkil.Net

This site is my collection of applications which I provide free of charge to the internet community. Please feel free to use any of the applications on this site and distribute them to anyone you think might find them useful.

As a gimmick, and because I cant draw icons, the windows versions of my programs feature a cat photo for the programs icon and linux versions feature dogs. If you have a cat or dog you would like featured in one of my programs please forward a photo to me along with a little message saying you give permission for the photograph to be used.

Suggestions for new programs are always welcome along with bug reports for existing applications

News and Updates
June 3, 2009

Due to a database problem a few download files would show up as "corrupted" when you try to run them. I have corrected this and all downloads should be fine now. Thanks to the users who let me know the files affected!

Due to a stack of work poping up I have had to delay uploading new version of a fair few apps. Hopefully I will upload the new versions in the next day or so!


30th May, 2009

CommTest Version 1.2 released!


May 23rd, 2009

I have just uploaded the updated version of DIG (1.3) and DiskImage (1.5) on the website, both programs have installer and stand alone versions. Disk Image now supports UAC!


May 22nd, 2009

I have finally recieved my code signing certificate and am begining the long job of signing the updated programs, creating installers for them and uploading!

I have just uploaded RawCopy 1.1 in both stand alone EXE and Installer packages. The new version of RawCopy is digitally signed, supports Windows Vista and 7 UAC and should remove some other bugs. Online documentation is now available for RawCopy aswell!

I will continue to upload programs today and over the next few days! As im sure many of you are waiting for it, Unstoppable Copiers update to Version 4 will be put online sometime in the next few days with MANY improvements and bug fixes. The installer version of this program will also help those of you who are less computer literate!


May 21st, 2009

I have just finished uploading the new website! There will be many more changes in the coming days, with a large number of programs on the site being replaced with vastley improved versions. I have completed the work on most of these applications and they are awaiting my digital signing certificate to arrive so all the programs from now on will be digitally signed so you know they are true Roadkil.Net programs!

All the updates will include two versions of the programs, a stand alone program as currently available and also an installer version for those of you who arent sure how to use the programs. The newly updated applications will also support Windows User Access Control for Vista and Windows 7 to resolve some issues users were having with administrator access.

I have also started updating the support for all the applications which should be available soon.

Please bare with me for the next few days while I get everything updated!


May 13th, 2009

Ive almost completed a MAJOR website revamp along with updates to virutally every program on the website. The new format website will allow you to download previous versions of apps, download installer or stand alone versions and also all the programs will be digitally signed so you know they havent been tampered with! Im hoping to have the new website running in its full glory by Sunday the 17th of May!

If you have any last minute bug reports for the apps please get them in now. Ive done a huge amount of testing on all operating systems back to 98 and up to Windows 7 on all the revised programs and would appreciate any last minute changes/bugs etc being reported ASAP!


February 15th, 2009

I have just released the test version of Unstoppable Copier 4! It can be downloaded here. The new version now supports unicode, automatical system shutdown and basic context menu integration. If you find any bugs or have any input into this version please email me!


February 11th, 2009

Firstly i would like to appologies to all my users about how long it has been since my last product updates! Work has kept me very busy and finding the time has been very hard recently. I have added a new program to the product library - DTMF Keypad! This program allows you to simulate DTMF (telephone) tones through your computers sound card.

MAJOR updates for FTP Client and DataByte have also been added! The FTP client now allows you to correctly choose differnet local drives aswell as fixes bugs with tooltips not working on some windows versions. The databyte update fixes issues with files smaller than 16 bytes and an error in the source file browsing routine.


September 15th, 2008

A new version of unstoppable copier is now online which has a bug fix with the freezing problem numerous users had encountered. Please let me know if you still have any problems, and if so any information you can provide about your windows version and CPU type would be great!

I have added an updated version of Suduko also which now allows movement between the boxes using the arrow keys


June 18th, 2008

Minor bug fix release of Unstoppable Copier released (3.51). Fixes up bug of Unstoppable Copier not closing automatically when running a batch from a script file or scheduled task etc.


June 4th, 2008

Great news! Ive finally made time to finish the updated version of Unstoppable Copier which is now available for download! Its a great improvement over the last version and now allows sorting of the file lists, batch processing and command line processing. You can also use "Open With" to have unstoppable copier open its batch files automatically and have a simple "point and click" backup solution for your files!

I have also put on updated version of Alarm clock (window positioning bugfix), DiskImage (Vista disk locking bugfix) and Databyte (Added Zero terminator option).

Enjoy the updates everyone and please email me or use the forums if you need information about the latest changes or especially if you have any translations for Unstoppable Copier!


May 6th, 2008

New update of disk image is now online to fix some of the bugs users reported in the forums! Program now works better on large disks and under Vista.


April 28th, 2008

I have put on an update of my Alarm Clock program! Hope you all like it!


April 8th, 2008

I have done a major update to my Disk Speed program as part of my mass update of some of my older programs. The program now allows you to compare the results of your disk speed test online with other users to see how well your system measures up. The program now also displays inforamtion about the drive itself.


March 29th, 2008

Since ive been so far behind in answering my emails due to the large number of requests i recieve ive decided to put my forums online now! If you have any queries, ideas or just want to say hi try out the forums. Many of the emails i recieve are asking the same questions so hopefully this will cut down my time spent emailing and have more time for new applicatins and updates :)


January 16th, 2008

Happy new year to all of you! Today I have just added a new program in the games section called Poker Time. This program is a blinds clock/alarm for Texas Holdem poker to alert you when its time to change blind levels or go on a break! So if you like playing Texas Holdem at home with your friends this program is for you!


December 22nd, 2007

Merry christmas to everyone! I have added the first game to this website - Sudoku! Please download it and test your skills against your friends. If you have any ideas for updates to this game or find any bugs please email me.


November 12th, 2007

I have added download counters to the website to see which programs are the most popular so I can spend more time on their development


November 9th, 2007

I have started some major site redevelopments which have been required for a long time! The site should soon have many more options available including forums and full support information.
A new version of Unstoppable copier is now online (version 3.2) with a few bug fixes and feature requests sent to me by users



http://www.roadkil.net/undelete.html "download"